Updated time! See below…
Citizens petitioning government to have their grievances heard — that is part of America’s DNA, right?
But what happens when the petitioning process is perverted in such a way as to EXPAND the power of the state over the people, their property and private commerce?
That is EXACTLY what’s happening in Orange County, FL!
Hundreds of thousands of dollars are flowing into Orange County from outside special interest groups like DC-based Big Labor and ideologically-driven NYC foundations to push their radical agenda on the residents and local businesses of Orange County.
Much like the Colorado Blueprint, the progressive takeover of Colorado in 2004, a network of donors and the ideological radicals at the Ballot Initiative Strategy Center have orchestrated a well-funded nationwide effort to target crucial areas of the country to influence and manipulate elections and local policy making.
What can we do about this?
We can stand up for our county! Encourage the County Commissioners and County Mayor to SAFEGUARD OUR CHARTER by supporting the Charter Amendment to Reform the Petition Initiative Process at next week’s Public Hearing!
- When: Tuesday, May 6 at 2 pm (arrive before 2 pm to sign up to speak or sign up online HERE )
- Where: Orange County Administration Building at 201 S. Rosalind Ave
Tell the Board of Commissioners to Keep Ballot Initiatives Local!
- Balance the playing field for authentic grassroots campaigns by raising thresholds and limiting the time periods for professional petition-circulators
- Support fair representation by requiring petitions from ALL districts of Orange County
- Allow for proper and adequate vetting of the initiative by extending the deadline before election day from 45 to 150 days.
- Protect the rights of all county citizens by focusing the scope of the initiative so that it does not violate the charter limitations or state law.
TUESDAY, MAY 6TH Arrive before 2 pm
ORANGE COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, 201 S. ROSALIND AVENUE.